How to Prepare for your Sleep Study
WHEN TO ARRIVE:
- Arrive no earlier than 9:00PM to your scheduled sleep study appointment
- The sleep study will end approximately between 5AM and 5:30AM, so that you can be ready to leave by 6am.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your Photo ID (license).
- All of your Health Insurance Card(s).
- Bed clothes. Bring something comfortable to sleep in, including a bathrobe and slippers. Keep in mind that both male and female technicians may monitor your sleep study.
- Toiletries. Bring whatever you need to spend the night away from home (tooth brush, tooth paste, soap, etc.). Some lab locations have both common and private bathrooms. Please ask your patient care coordinator for more details.
- All of your nightly medications (you can take a sleep aid if you take it most nights).
- Payment (if applicable). We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) and checks. We do NOT accept cash. If you have opted to do a payment plan, please bring predated checks or a credit card to provide future payment information.
- Please complete the Information Sheet that was sent to you and bring it with you to your appointment.
DO’S and DON’TS:
- If you are sick the day of your testing, please contact us so we can determine if you should reschedule.
- Do not take any naps the day of your sleep study if possible.
- Do not drink any alcohol the day/night of your sleep study.
- Do not wear any dark finger nail polish, hair weaves, make-up, or use lotion at all the night of your testing. If possible take a shower PRIOR to arriving for your sleep study and do not apply any hair care products (hair gel, hair spray, oils). You will not be able to shower at the sleep lab prior to bed.
- Do EAT DINNER BEFORE arriving at the sleep center. You will NOT be permitted to eat once here, and you will not be permitted to leave the lab to go out to get something to eat.
- Do try and maintain your normal sleep pattern the week of your test.
- Do let the technician know when you arrive if you need to go to bed early or to awaken early so that they can prepare accordingly
- Do take a shower prior to arriving for your sleep study
- A room has been reserved for you, and a technician has been arranged for your testing. If you must cancel or reschedule your appointment, please notify the main office at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Our Main Office hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm.
- Saturday and Sunday appointments must be canceled by noon (12pm) on Thursday
- "No Shows" or patients who cancel less than 48 hours before their scheduled sleep study will be assessed a $200 fee and $50 for patients who cancel less than 48 hours before their scheduled consult appointment.